The last year the major focus on the PC industry in terms of the CPU war was all Intel. Since the Netburst Architecture was thrown by the way side in favour of the much improved Core architecture, AMD has hit the skids big time, while their CPU's are cheaper per clock speed, Intel has more speed per MHz compared to that of the AMD series.
While AMD may now be the less favoured for the high-end desktop, they are more than adequate for the HTPC and value desktop and with the acquisition of the ATI chipset and graphics division, AMD now has a lot more clout behind its CPU's, as it not longer has to rely entirely on companies like nVidia, SIS and VIA to produce its chipsets.
AMD has only one chipset currently on the market which is the 690G chipset with the 790X coming later this year. AMD's 690G chipset has really taken off as a budget chipset that has a mighty punch to it.
Compared to that of the GeForce 6150 chipset, AMD has really got a winner - its ability to run HDMI as well as superior graphics core makes it a more ideal chipset for the K8, giving you a full AMD system with AMD CPU and AMD chipset.
Today we are looking at the GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM motherboard designed with the AMD 690G chipset. So let us see how well it compares to the MSI based motherboard which we recently tested in our labs.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Motherboard]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - WorldBench]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - HDD Performance]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Prey]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SAG-AFTRA video game voice actor strike ends
- Shadow of War balanced to be played without lootboxes
- Valve almost made an amazing looking co-op fantasy game
- Intel Z370 will support future 8th Gen Cannon Lake CPUs
- Vivendi abstains vote in Ubisoft shareholders meeting
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM