Another day, another hard disk review; and again we have ourselves a notebook drive. It seems to be the trend of making things smaller and more energy efficient; one thing that can be said for sure is that notebooks are the most power efficient units around, certainly when compared to a desktop PC. Notebooks usually come with a 60-80 watt power brick that can run a 2GHz CPU, high-end 3D graphics card, a monitor and all the additional storage mediums used like the HDD, optical drives and even card readers. It's no wonder notebook 2.5" drives are so popular these days.
When it comes to certain scenarios the notebook drive is extremely versatile. First off, for the HTPC and Digital Home setup, the hard disk drive is only there for storage of the operating system as well as storing digital content for playback. USB based drives are able to handle this without any problems, though 2.5" drives out perform these drives quite noticeably and even serve as a well balanced medium for small file servers with restricted space.
Today we have been sent Seagate's new notebook drive, the Momentus 5400.4. This is the fourth generation of Momentus drives; the last one we managed to have a look at out-pioneered the use of Perpendicular recording methods when it first arrived, proving it could easily handle extra data as well as increase speeds. Today we have the latest addition sprouting 250GB capacity. Let's see if it brings anything new to the table.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Vivendi may take over Ubisoft in November
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM