Core i7 has now established itself as the high end processor to aspire to, while AMD has little to challenge it with so far. This means that boards and memory kits will be coming out to suit this new processing monster.
So far we have looked at a few DDR3 triple channel kits designed to take full advantage of the extreme speeds that Core i7 is able to produce, but one thing Intel has made very tricky with Core i7 is its memory voltage requirements.
The Core i7 QPI and memory controller uses a single voltage system that cannot exceed 1.65v, otherwise permanent damage to the QPI and memory controller is possible, which renders the CPU completely useless. For this reason, it provides new challenges to memory companies to get the best speed out of their modules while keeping the voltage as low as possible.
Today CSX claims to have made it possible to run this memory at 2000MHz on the Core i7 with only 1.65v fed to them. Let's see what they have in store for us.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- HTC ceases stock trading, takeover likely
- Broker: Nintendo to sell 130 million Switch by 2020
- Intel delays 10nm CPU tech for the third time: late 2018
- Sarah Connor is back, new Terminator movie with Arnie
- Toshiba to sell memory business for $18 billion
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower