The TEW-645UB is, as I have already mentioned, a very large adapter. The majority of the space inside the 6.5 inch tube is antenna. This is where the TEW-645UB stands out over just about every other USB adapter. When you consider the size and strength of the antenna, it is no surprise that TRENDNet is claiming better range.
Unfortunately, while the length of the TEW-645UB helps with range, it actually limits portability.
I attempted to use the TEW-645UB without the stand and found it to be very cumbersome. There was simply no way to use the TEW-645UB while supporting a laptop on your lap or a soft surface. With the TEW-645UB plugged into the back of my 17" ASUS G2S-X1, it would fall or get knocked out of the socket and to restore the connection, in many cases, I would have to reboot. I tried with the adapter in the side USB port with the same results.
If you have the space on a hard surface (like a coffee table) you could use the TEW-645UB plugged directly in, but at that point you might just as well use the stand.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft, Facebook complete 160Tbps undersea cable
- Apple won't let you download 4K, only stream on Apple TV
- Sony isn't 'entirely comfortable' being VR market leader
- G.SKILL launches 128GB DDR4 RAM kit for Threadripper
- Bethesda pursues long-lasting relationship with Nintendo
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM