Package and Contents
Starting off with the box that the X58 SuperComputer comes to us in, the size tells us a lot. Compared to most X58's being shipped in the oversized boxes, ASRock places their X58 offering in a standard sized box. The front has very little art work. However, the font is semi-holographic that changes colour when aimed at the light in certain directions; a very nice touch.
On the back of the box we are pleasantly surprised with what we see. For a company like ASRock to place colour photos of the board itself where larger tier 1 companies are omitting them, this is a big bonus. Along with the photos of the board there is more information on the boards features and settings; enough to help you make a decision as to whether or not this is the board for you.
ASRock doesn't really go overboard with the documentation and software, but it's more than ample. The single user manual that is included in the box is rather thick with over 100 pages and gives a good description of the BIOS, boards layout and setup as well as the software included on the DVD which covers XP and Vista 32-bit and 64-bit OS's.
As for the additional accessories, the X58 SuperComputer has one of the best out of the box compatibilities we have seen. A total of six SATA data and two Molex to SATA power converter cables make up the list along with an IDE and FDD cable as well as SLI and Crossfire cables, giving the board a wide setup option.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Memory Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Sisoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - SYSmark 2007 Preview]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Adobe Premiere Elements 4.0]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Crysis]
- Page 12 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel working on dual-core i3-7360X for X299
- Razer will announce a 'mobile device' later this year
- MSI shows off GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO
- EVGA announces GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE with 12Gbps GDDR5X
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti: arrives in October for $429
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower