When it came to testing our second HD 5850, we had a clear plan; CrossFire the two bad boys and see what kind of performance we can get. For many the second top model is always the one to get. At launch it's not as expensive as the top model while at the same time still manages to offer some very good performance.
As games advance, you find yourself with a bigger monitor or simply want to crank up the detail even more. Adding a second card of the same model is inexpensive and can quite often yield a very impressive performance increase.
Today with our GIGABYTE and Sapphire HD 5850s in hand we'll find out if CrossFired HD 5850s is something that you should be looking at, not only in the near future, but also today.
We've really got quite a line-up of cards to compare the HD 5850 CrossFire setup against, but the first thing we'll be doing is checking out what GIGABYTE has done with the package before having a closer look at the card itself. Then it's down to the important bit; performance before we wrap it all up in our final thoughts.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [Video Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft, Facebook complete 160Tbps undersea cable
- Apple won't let you download 4K, only stream on Apple TV
- Sony isn't 'entirely comfortable' being VR market leader
- G.SKILL launches 128GB DDR4 RAM kit for Threadripper
- Bethesda pursues long-lasting relationship with Nintendo
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM