It is a common issue for power users; how do you fit your new solid state drive that uses the notebook standard 2.5 inch form factor into your desktop that was designed to accept 3.5 inch drives? Many users have taken to just laying their drive at the bottom of their case, but that makes moving your system around dangerous and it really doesn't look very good.
I set out to find the best adapter available, but it needed to fit a certain set of criteria that would make it appealing for wide spread adaption for our readers. There have been an increasing number of these products brought to market in the last few months; some of them cheap, others bulky and others just looked like they would be a pain in the butt to use. My goal was to find a product that was low cost, easy to use and bring more features to the table than just a U shaped piece of aluminum can provide.
My search ended when ICY DOCK released their MB990SP-B 2.5" to 3.5" SATA / IDE SSD & HDD Bracket. Today we are going to take a look at this must-have product that will not only allow you to easily install your new SSD into your desktop, but it will let you install two drives, all without turning a single screw.
Let's have a look at the specs and pricing.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The ICY DOCK MB990SP-B Adapter]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Vivendi may take over Ubisoft in November
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM