The NETGEAR GS605AV
The GS605AV is a very small switch. It is not really much bigger than my iPhone. I was a little surprised at this, but to be honest I am not sure why I expected it to be bigger.
The front has a nice design that gives it a retro feel in a way. There is a "lip" at the front which allows you to view the status lights even if you cannot see the front directly.
One item that I am not impressed with about this design is the humped top. This makes stacking this almost impossible, which is a big downside for many people.
The back is also pretty simple, but it has an interesting twist. Remember how we told you that NETGEAR has made this very simple? Well, the ports on the back are all color coded. The port colors range from a single dark green to yellow. Each color has a priority level associated with it. For example, the single green port is the highest priority, the two light green are next with medium priority and the two yellow are the lowest priority. NETGEAR has also thrown in a real power button on the GS605AV.
The bottom has another label for the ports which does make setup pretty easy. Of course, once you mount or put the GS605AV in place the bottom label is not as much use, but it is still a nice touch.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bethesda pursues long-lasting relationship with Nintendo
- PUBG devs may be squeezed out of Battle Royale market
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM