We have already told you that the shipping drivers did not work with our version of Windows (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) but that does not mean that they do not work. Once we downloaded the latest driver and utility from ASUS' website we were in business.
Once things are installed you are able to access the menu from the system tray icon.
Once you are in the Configuration Utility things get more interesting. The first page looks just like any other wireless utility with information about your current connection.
Things get really interesting when we hit the Config page. Here is where you can change the mode of the USB-N13. You can have it run as a client station or as a software based Access Point and a Client Station.
When you turn on the Soft AP you have to tell the USB-N13 which connection you are going to share with members of the wireless group. This can be an internal adapter or even a Cellular Wireless card.
Once you decide to enable the Soft AP, you have to give it an SSID as well as establish an encryption key. You will not get the chance to change the encryption. You are getting WPA2 Pre Shared Key using AES (not that I mind at all).
There are a couple of advanced items that you can run as well. The one that I find the most interesting is the Multimedia/Gaming Environment option. Interestingly enough, there is no Xlink mode to be found on the Windows 7 version of the drivers.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Vivendi may take over Ubisoft in November
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM