I did not have any issues with this pair of CPUs. Both worked very well on the GIGABYTE 890GPA-UD3H. The problem actually came with the Cat 10.12 drivers. For some reason this driver set would not allow 3DMark 11 to run with either of these CPUs installed. It was driving me absolutely crazy and almost caused this review not to be ready in time to meet today's launch.
Originally I was certain that the cause was the CPU, as the test would fail at the first Physics test which is when the CPU first comes into play. In the end, though, it turned out to be the 8.80 driver that is in the Cat 10.12 package.
Thankfully there is an 8.79.1 driver that is also hiding in there. I was able to install that and miraculously things started working again. Unfortunately, as we mentioned, this issue ate up the majority of our testing time so we can only give you half of the story on the 840 today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE reveal the Z370 AORUS motherboard range
- SteelSeries release the Rival 110 gaming mouse
- Ataribox sounds like risky business
- ENERMAX release the EQUILENCE, a high-end silent case
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 receives first major patch
- Ryzen 3 vs. Core i3 benched on GTX 1060/1070 & RX Vega
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 Printer Review
- Internet Download Manager Full
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- White Hot Looks, White Hot Performance - CORSAIR Launches VENGEANCE RGB White DDR4
- Phanteks introduces Eclipse P300 PC case
- GIGABYTE introduces Z370 AORUS motherboards
- Samsung starts producing industry's first universal flash storage for next-generation automotive applications
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor