Having already previewed three boards that use the Z68 chipset, we already have a good idea of what's going on with the new chipset launched by Intel today. If you haven't already looked at our previews, I'd recommend checking out the ASRock Z68 Pro3 and Extreme4 Preview along with the MSI Z68A-GD80 Preview to get a better idea of what exactly we're dealing with here today.
Also, because we went into so much detail on the motherboards in those previews, we won't be looking at the board or package here today, as everything is covered in extensive detail already. So because we've been able to have a look at this board and others in great detail already, we'll be able to instead get stuck straight into the fun stuff like the BIOS, Overclocking and of course, performance.
Just looking over the boards and the tech documentation that we've received, it seems fairly safe to assume that the Z68 isn't going to be something you'll upgrade to if you're a P67 owner. Instead, it's a slight step up with a couple of new features like Intel Smart Response Technology and fast video encoding via Lucid Virtru. At the same time, you'll probably start to see people pick this chipset over the P67 if the pricing of both is similar.
For now, though, that's all neither here nor there. Let's get into the BIOS and see what ASRock are offering us before looking at overclocking and performance of the board.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [BIOS]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 4 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 5 [CPU Benchmarks Continued]
- Page 6 [Storage Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 10 [Z68 Specific Tests]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Steam introduces Histograms to prevent review bombing
- i-rocks introduces K60M PLUS RGB mechanical keyboard
- Overwatch's next hero is playable, but wont be out soon
- PS4 & Xbox One cross-play briefly enabled for Fortnite
- Thermaltake reveal the Versa H18 Window Micro case
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower