Specifications, Availability and Pricing
For the Infinite EVO, or R9-NBC-INEV-GP, the materials of choice are plastic for the bulk of the unit, with an aluminum top piece. The EVO, once out of the box, measures 410mm wide, 310mm deep, and stands 17mm high in the front and 61mm tall in the back. This allows for it to hold any notebook from a 12" screen all the way up to 15.4" without any overhang. Cooler Master is sure to include that this cooler will allow for cooling of 17" models as well, but they may hang a bit over the cooler. To keep the cooler from sliding there are four large rubber feet to keep it from sliding around. On the top of the unit, there are four elongated oval pads to keep the actual notebook in place atop the EVO. All said, the completed package weighs only 2.6 pounds, and with the odd design, it has a built in handle to carry it around.
Here is where the new take on fans comes into play. With a pair of blower fans, one on each side of the cooler, this version pulls air in through slits in the back of the cooler to feed the center of the blowers. The air is forced out the fans and through slots around the center of the cooler and blows air up and into the frame of the laptop from both sides. What doesn't make its way into the laptop exits a large groove in the back. From the looks of the specs of these fans, I would assume them to be capable of handling business. Each fan measures 80mm in diameter and is 21mm in height. Both fans are also rated at 60 CFM per fan with a noise level of 23 dBA when the step-less dial fan controller is set to its maximum speed setting.
On the sides of the unit you will find not only the connectivity ports and power buttons and such, but the gap between the aluminum top plate and the plastic body is what Cooler Master refers to the "side cable groove design". On the left you find the power button, speed control dial, mini USB power jack and a 5V DC adapter jack (AC power adapter not included). On the right you will find three USB 1.1/2.0 jacks for added connectivity. There is a provided USB to mini USB cable to allow the laptop USB to power the EVO.
Google shopping is showing me that the Cooler Master infinite EVO is on shelves at 6 e-tailers, not counting various listings on eBay. So out of the six it comes down to the pricing, as I like my dollar to go as far, if not a bit farther than the next guys does. As I write this, SuperBiiz.com has the best price of $30.99 with free shipping. On the other end of the spectrum, Compuvest.com is asking $38.98 with free shipping and eBay pricing is even higher. Sorry to say this, but honestly, I have not used any of the e-tailers listed in Google, but for $30 it may be worth a try. Before we go clicking on any add to cart buttons, let's see what the Infinite EVO has going for it and get to the testing. This way I can really say whether or not this should be the next cooler for you.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- COLORFUL's new iGame SSDs: up to 3GB/sec read with RGB
- What if Certain Affinity is making a free-to-play Halo?
- Square Enix commits to games as a service business model
- SAG-AFTRA video game voice actor strike ends
- Shadow of War balanced to be played without lootboxes
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM