The Motherboard Continued
Moving away from the bottom of the board and starting to head north we actually don't have a whole lot going on thanks to the fact that our power and reset buttons are running across the bottom of the board instead of this top corner which is where we see most companies install them.
Instead up the top here we've just got the main 24-Pin ATX power connector and you can see the CMOS battery tucked behind that with a couple of DIMM slots.
Moving around the back you can see our main 8-Pin CPU power connector and moving out we can see our four DDR3 DIMM slots which support up to 32GB of DDR3 in Quad Channel at speeds exceeding 1600MHz+ DDR. We also get a good look at the CPU area which like most X79 boards we've seen is extremely clean.
Finally we finish up with the I/O side of things which starts off with a pair of USB 2.0 ports and a combo PS2 port. Next to that we've got an optical and coaxial out. Moving along again we've got four USB 2.0 ports along with two eSATA ports and a Bluetooth 2.1+ header running off the Atheros AR3011 controller.
Continuing along we've got dual Gigabit networking running off the Marvell 88E8057 Gigabit controller and four USB 3.0 ports running off the ASMedia controller. Finally we finish off with six audio ports which like the other two audio outputs run of the Realtek ALC892 codec.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox's Phil Spencer promoted to vice president of gaming
- HTC ceases stock trading, takeover likely
- Broker: Nintendo to sell 130 million Switch by 2020
- Intel delays 10nm CPU tech for the third time: late 2018
- Sarah Connor is back, new Terminator movie with Arnie
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower