While I was at CES, I was scheduled to already have had this review ready to go live, but things changed in the schedule and I had to wait until after I got home to play with one of my own. I had seen them used in displays at the NZXT suite when I went there for my meeting with them.
At that time I saw a white version of this chassis with all sorts of liquid cooling in it and it seemed somehow empty still. Then on the other side of the room there was another of these chassis modded with a futuristic LAPD backdrop. With all kinds of sick airbrushing and modifications done to the chassis, I could see NZXT was really on to something big with this new chassis design.
Now I don't mean to leave out the buyer who just wants to run air cooling, that is where this chassis gets its Hybrid Full Tower status. For those who want to go with water cooling there are two places inside the chassis for radiators and there is always the option to add externally. For those who want to air cool, the chassis is shipped with three 120mm fans and offers ten total locations for 120mm fans to be installed into this chassis, so you have all the opportunities you need if you are an air cooling sort of person. Then there is the third phase of this concept. You can use the chassis as it is shipped to your house and have the comfort of silence; I mean this case even has louvers that shut on the top to kill even more of the noise that can emanate from the chassis' interior.
In case you missed the title of this review, we are looking at the newest full tower from NZXT, the Switch 810. NZXT had a plan and that plan was to offer everything they could pack neatly into this chassis design and deliver it a very respectable price point. For those of you who are, or were fans of the Phantom or the Phantom 410 chassis concepts, you are going to love the exterior styling of this new chassis as well. I don't want to give too much away too early, but plan for a lot of dark, shiny, black exterior components with just as many tricks to be found on or around the outside of the chassis as there is on the inside.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel Core i7-8700K overclocked reaches 4.8GHz on air
- Intel Coffee Lake-S: flagship 8700K CPU, 40 PCIe lanes
- Ethereum mining difficulty reaches lofty new heights
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10 series pricing to continue rising
- Amnesia dev Chinese Room has 'gone dark'
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM