The NewerTech GripBase is a versatile tool that turns your iPad 2 into a convenient terminal style workstation. There are two main pieces that screw together to form the base. The actual base of the unit has a wide stance and is weighted to keep your unit from being tipped over. The gray middle spins for easy rotation.
The vertical standoff piece offers a few different positions for holding your iPad 2, vertical and horizontal in both high and low positions.
Here we see the GripBase together. The round "Grip" piece at the top is identical to the GripStand minus the round ring for holding the system. This is the high position, you can swivel the grip part under for the low position.
Here we see the high position with the iPad elevated from your desk.
Here we see the low position. Here the iPad is still elevated off the desk but is still very low to the desk.
In the base and in the high position you will want to use a Bluetooth keyboard or have something against the iPad on the back side. The swivel tends to make touch screen difficult to use when touching the outer edges of the display. The iPad swivels when you start pressing on the screen. This gets worse as you move further away from the center of the screen.
Not that the Newer Technology GripBase / GripStand 2 bundle isn't complete as we've shown so far, there is yet another option for mounting the iPad. Included is an automotive headrest wrap around. This allows you to mount your iPad 2 to your car's headrest for viewing movies or other content while on the go and in the back seat.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Run, don't walk for our 'Walking Dead' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Microsoft, Facebook complete 160Tbps undersea cable
- Apple won't let you download 4K, only stream on Apple TV
- Sony isn't 'entirely comfortable' being VR market leader
- G.SKILL launches 128GB DDR4 RAM kit for Threadripper
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM