Akitio MyCloud Duo
The main unit looks the part. It is thin with a very small footprint. This design is possible since the power regulation unit is external. The drives are not easily hot swappable since you need to unscrew the front panel to get to the drives.
On the front we found a power button that lights up blue when the unit is on. A number of other LEDs light up activity and status lights. Also, you can easily copy data from a USB device with the Copy button on the front of the appliance.
The side of the MyCloud Duo is brushed metal.
A small fan keeps your drives cool. A second USB port is located on the back of the NAS, you can use this for a number of USB devices, but most will use this for printers since the NAS has built in print server functionality. The gigabit Ethernet port is located on the back, it also has status LEDs.
The other side of the NAS is identical to the first side we looked at.
Under the NAS we see the four rubber feet that keep the unit from transferring vibration from your drives to the desk. Here we also see the screw that must be removed to add or remove drives from the unit. The silver holes we see in the middle of the NAS are for securing your drive to the NAS.
With the front cover off and drives installed we see how the drives fit inside the MyCloud Duo.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bethesda pursues long-lasting relationship with Nintendo
- PUBG devs may be squeezed out of Battle Royale market
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM