Looking at the video card you can see the really awesome cooler design which sees a dual fan setup here on a great looking red shroud. Of course the cooler is the popular VF3000A from Zalman and overall it does look fantastic with its copper heatpipes and huge heatsink.
What really looks great on the cooler, though, is the memory sinks that you can see in the two pictures above. Most companies coolers have the memory cooled via the same main cooler, but you can see here Zalman opt for little heatsinks placed separately.
This is probably one of the larger things that appeal to us when it comes to buying a video card direct from Zalman. You get to experience the VF3000A cooler and the memory heatsinks without having to pull off your current cooler and then install this all separately. Out of the box you know the main heatsink and memory heatsinks are all mounted perfectly and you just don't need to worry about it at all.
Taking a quick look at some of the other parts of the card you can see we've got the standard dual 6-pin PCIe power connectors while moving closer you can see we've got two CrossFire connectors.
In the I/O department you can see we've got a fairly standard HD 7900 series setup which sees a single Dual-Link DVI connector, HDMI port and two Mini DisplayPort connectors to round off the connectivity side of things.
Having a look below you can see the specifications of the Zalman HD 7950-Z VF3000 which sees a core clock of 800MHz and the 2GB of GDDR5 carries a clock of 1250MHz or 5000MHz QDR.
This is of course reference clock speeds and it's a little disappointing to see that Zalman have installed this great looking cooler and left the clocks at the reference ones. It would've been nice to see them push the core to maybe 900MHz and the memory to 5200MHz QDR or something similar, but it wasn't to be this time around.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- G.SKILL launches 128GB DDR4 RAM kit for Threadripper
- Bethesda pursues long-lasting relationship with Nintendo
- PUBG devs may be squeezed out of Battle Royale market
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM