GIGABYTE F2A85X-UP4 Motherboard
Looking at the board the first thing we notice is the look. Being a more lower / mid-range board we expected the baby blue color scheme on it. When we pulled it out of the box, though, we found ourselves pleasantly surprised with the matte black theme. This helps make for a really great looking board with some grey highlights being seen throughout.
Looking at the expansion slot side of things we've got three PCIe x16 slots which run at x16 / x8 / x4 - including the new AMD A85X chipset means that CrossFire is supported. Along with that we've got three PCIe x1 slots and an older legacy PCI slot.
We've got our typical line up of headers including Audio, COM, TPM, four USB 2.0, front panel header and also a single SATA II port down here.
Turning the corner we can see the debug reader on the left side and next to that we can see two BIOS chips. Looking at the SATA side of things you can see we've got six SATA III ports which all run off the AMD A85X chipset.
Heading to the top half of the board you can see four DDR3 DIMM slots supporting up to up to 64GB of DDR3 at speeds of up to 1866MHz DDR. Below that you can see the front panel USB 3.0 header, main 24-pin ATX power connector, a little blue reset switch, a larger power switch and CMOS switch button in the upper corner.
Towards the back of the board in a fairly standard position you can see the 8-pin CPU power connector. We can see that the socket area is fairly clean. We've got a heatsink in the top part of the board, but apart from that, there's really not much else to report.
Finishing up our look at the F2A85X-UP4 we get over to the I/O side of things which sees a combo PS/2 port alongside four USB 3.0 ports and two USB 2.0 ports. On the video side of things we've got VGA, DVI-D, HDMI and DisplayPort connectivity. Audio comes in the form of a single optical out and six auxiliary ports which run off the Realtek ALC892 Codec. Finally we've also got an eSATA III port and Gigabit LAN which runs of the Realtek chipset.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft, Facebook complete 160Tbps undersea cable
- Apple won't let you download 4K, only stream on Apple TV
- Sony isn't 'entirely comfortable' being VR market leader
- G.SKILL launches 128GB DDR4 RAM kit for Threadripper
- Bethesda pursues long-lasting relationship with Nintendo
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM