Last month we took a look at the new AX860i power supply from Corsair. It featured the same digital signal processing, monitoring, and control to that saw in the recently reviewed AX1200i and performed just as well. The AXi series power supplies were not the only ones that Corsair recently introduced so we decided to see what the new AX series could do as well.
Today we are taking a look at the new AX760 power supply from Corsair. It offers 760W of power which is still more than enough to power a pair of video cards these days and plenty more. Corsair claims the new AX series power supplies to be very quiet and very efficient.
Corsair has been putting out awesome power supplies for quite some time now and we have high hopes for the AX760, so let's start digging into what it is all about.
Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The Corsair AX760 features a single 12V rail that is rated for 63A or 756W. Both the 5.5V and 3.3V rails are rated for 25A each with a maximum combined wattage of 125W. The 5VSB rail is rated for 3A or 15W. Maximum combined output for the AX760 power supply is 760W.
The Corsair AX760 power supply scores a full list of features when looking at our feature summary. All protections are present, including OTP. The power supply is entirely modular and all cables are either fully sleeved with black mesh or of the flat ribbon variety. The AX760 is rated for 80 PLUS Platinum efficiency and Corsair says the AX760 is capable for 100% continuous output at 50C.
The new AX760 comes to market with a price of $199.99. This puts it towards the more expensive end of the spectrum when looking at 700W-800W power supplies though there are a few that are higher. Corsair stated that the power supply is available, but there are many places that are still acquiring stock of the unit.
A quick search online proves this to be true as the power supply isn't available on Newegg, but is for sale at TigerDirect. TigerDirect obviously knows that there is a limited supply of them at the moment since they are listing the power supply for $219.99 at the time of writing this article. The AX760 features Corsair's impressive seven year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- TUNAI teases DRUM, high-res bass enhanced earphones
- Steam introduces Histograms to prevent review bombing
- i-rocks introduces K60M PLUS RGB mechanical keyboard
- Overwatch's next hero is playable, but wont be out soon
- PS4 & Xbox One cross-play briefly enabled for Fortnite
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- A Look at AMD's Threadripper CPU Hardware Modes
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower