Cooler Master provides a good selection of cables for the Silent Pro Platinum 1000W power supply. Native cables come in the form of the Main, dual EPS12V connectors, and a single cable with dual PCI-E 8-pin connectors on it. Modular cabling provides four more PCI-E 8-pin connectors, 12 SATA connectors, five Molex connectors and a single FDD connector. The short and long cables for SATA/Molex connectors are great and the only thing that I would like to see changed would be for one of the EPS12V connectors to be modular.
Rail distribution is as simple as it gets with a single 12V rail. There is no need to worry about load balancing here.
A Look Inside
Lots of cooling is present within the Silent Pro Platinum 1000W unit, including an all copper heat sink.
Three Panasonic capacitors are on the primary side of the Silent Pro Platinum 1000W power supply.
The secondary side of the power supply isn't as kind to the eyes. We find many Teapo capacitors here and this is always a sign that ripple will not be as low as we like it to be.
Cooler Master uses its own DFS132512M fan to provide the active cooling for the Silent Pro Platinum 1000W power supply. It is quite obvious that the unit is manufactured by Young Lin.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Inside the Box]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Run, don't walk for our 'Walking Dead' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Microsoft, Facebook complete 160Tbps undersea cable
- Apple won't let you download 4K, only stream on Apple TV
- Sony isn't 'entirely comfortable' being VR market leader
- G.SKILL launches 128GB DDR4 RAM kit for Threadripper
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM