Along with the ASUS P8Z77-V Pro/Thunderbolt running at both stock and overclocked speeds, we also have the ASRock Z77 OC Formula, GIGABYTE Z77X-UD4H and ASUS Maximus IV GENE. Along with those we've also got the recently looked at C606 based GIGABYTE X79S-UP5-WiFi.
When it came to the overclocking side of things we jumped into the advanced area of the BIOS and went straight to the Ai Tweaker section. We adjusted our CPU multiplier to 47x, which tends to be the maximum option for our particular 3770k chip, and then went onto adjust the voltages as needed.
We saved our settings, rebooted the PC and got into Windows without an issue. We started a Media Espresso encode and completed it with no problem at all. Hoping for a little bit more performance, but not really expecting it, we headed back into the BIOS and started to adjust the BCLK a little.
We moved our CPU from around 4724MHz to 4775MHz via the BCLK and while all settings allowed us into Windows, none of them were stable. In the end we had to settle with the 100 BCLK and the 47x multiplier bringing us in at 4.7GHz.This is what we would call an above average overclock with a lot of boards coming in around the 4.6 - 4.65GHz mark. Few boards have managed to move past the 4.7GHz mark and complete a Media Espresso encode, which is always the best benchmark for us when it comes to testing stability.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GeIL reveal ASUS ROG certified EVO X ROG RGB RAM
- Seasonic reveal their PRIME Ultra power supplies
- Noctua to release two AM4-compatible low-profile coolers
- Battlerite to leave Steam's Early Access November 8
- Sharkoon reveal the AI7000 Silent & Glass PC cases
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM