Alongside the ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Champion that will be running at stock and overclocked, we've also got the cheaper ASRock X79 Extreme4. Alongside these two X79 boards we've got a three Z77 offerings including the ASUS Maximus V GENE, GIGABYTE Z77X-UD4H and finally the ASRock Z77 OC Formula.
Before we get into the performance we'll cover how we went with overclocking. We headed into the BIOS and started to tinker with the settings to see just what we could get out of the particular i7 3970X Extreme Edition CPU we have on hand.
We know that it's good for around the 4.7GHz mark. Sometimes that's achieved via a 47x multiplier and other times we get it via a 46x multiplier and a bit of a bump in the BCLK department.
Looking above you can see we managed to run a 47x multiplier alongside a slightly increased BCLK of 101 bringing our CPU speed in at 4746MHz or 4.75GHz, as illustrated in our graphs here today. This is a fairly standard clock speed and seems to be the limitation of our particular CPU.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Vivendi abstains vote in Ubisoft shareholders meeting
- Intel's b2b shop could revolutionize PC game reselling
- GeIL reveal ASUS ROG certified EVO X ROG RGB RAM
- Seasonic reveal their PRIME Ultra power supplies
- Noctua to release two AM4-compatible low-profile coolers
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM